Looking for a reliable wifi webcam system with motion detection, I’ve tried the caption software over the raspbian with a wifi dongle.
It worked great, but after several days, the wifi connexion were always lost.
With the SqueezeBerry, I’ve got a better experience with and RPI and Wifi using piCore distribution.
Picore is a tinyCore optimized for raspberry.
Here you have the raspberry camera activation procedure for piCore :
1. Get picore. I’ve used the version 5.3.1
2. Add to your /boot/config.txt file :
3. Connect your raspberry Camera
4. install the rpi-videocore with tce
tce-load -wi rpi-videocore.tcz
5. Open the /opt/bootlocal.sh file and add this line
chmod 777 /dev/vchiq
6. make a backup and reboot
7. take a picture
raspistill -w 1024 -h 700 -o out.jpg
You should see something like this :